Immunet (for Windows) and Avira (for Macintosh) are available for use on personal equipment not owned by Rutgers. The Rutgers license for Symantec expires on June 30.
What is Immunet?
- Immunet is a malware and antivirus protection system that utilizes cloud computing to provide enhanced community-based security.
- Immunet is generally compatible with Windows operating systems supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Immunet requires an active internet connection to maintain the most up-to-date threat detection.
What is Avira?
- Avira is an antivirus protection system that protects your system from all Mac-related threats and prevents you from passing on PC viruses.
- Avira is generally compatible with MacOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher.
- Avira requires an active internet connection to download and maintain the most up-to-date threat detection.
Have more questions?
If you have questions, please contact your department’s IT staff or the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at 848-445-HELP.