Rutgers has an agreement with Cisco to offer AMP for Endpoints for all University-owned equipment.
What is Cisco AMP for Endpoints?
- Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints is a cloud-managed endpoint security solution that provides advanced protection against viruses, malware, and other cyber-threats by detecting, preventing, and responding to threats.
- Prevent: Strengthen defenses using the best global threat intelligence and block malware in real time.
- Detect: Continuously monitor and record all file activity to quickly detect stealthy malware.
- Respond: Accelerate investigations and automatically remediate malware across PCs, Macs, Linux, servers and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
- Cisco AMP provides superior protection against viruses and malware by continuously monitoring and analyzing all system activity rather than depending solely on virus definitions. This, combined with Cisco’s global threat intelligence, enables Rutgers to quickly identify and remediate security threats. AMP supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android operating systems. AMP offers granular delegated administrative controls with flexible reporting tools.
Benefits to the University
- Cisco AMP is built on an extensive collection of real-time threat intelligence and dynamic malware analytics supplied by the Talos Security Intelligence Group and Threat Grid intelligence feeds.
- Continuously detect and monitor malware, immediately and retrospectively.
- Protects Windows, Macs, Linux, servers, and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
- Record file activity over time to track malware’s spread and scope.
- Correlate discrete events into coordinated attacks.
- Access global threat intelligence to strengthen network defenses.
- Gain deep visibility, context, and control to quickly detect, analyze, and remediate breaches.
- Get agentless detection to catch malware before it compromises the OS level.
- Defend endpoints from all exploit based, memory injection attacks, including ransomware using in-memory techniques.
- Cisco AMP for Endpoints is managed through an easy-to-use, web-based console.
- It is deployed through AMP’s lightweight endpoint connector, with no performance impact on users.
- Analysis is done in the cloud, not on the endpoint.
- The solution is offered as a subscription on endpoints, including coverage for Windows, Macs, Linux, servers and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
Have more questions?
If you have questions, please contact your department’s IT staff or the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at 848-445-HELP.