Google provides several training options for users that students, faculty and staff can take advantage of:
- Google Apps Education Training Center: This is an online learning environment dedicated for educators and students to learn how to effectively use Google Apps in an educational context.
- Google offers one hour webinars on various applications; e.g. Google Apps Scripts tutorial. In this webinar you will walk through mail merge and calendar creation tutorials using Google Apps Scripts. To see the schedule and register for a webinar, go to the Training Center main page.
- Each individual application has a help site. Here you will find help forums, recommended articles and an instructive subject list.
- On the side bar of each help site you can access What~Rs New ~V a feature that provides the latest information on changes and new applications being developed. Also on the side bar you can access a blog for interactive advice and a tips resource for additional help.
- At the Google Apps You Tube channel, users can select from a variety of videos; e.g. Google Data Center Security.
- Users can subscribe to Google~Rs RSS feed/email for automated updates on changes to applications.
- Certified Google trainers are available for hire; this is a useful resource for situations where a department might want to focus on a specific application for a group audience.
- Google Apps in Higher Education: 35 Ways to Start Using Apps for Faculty/Staff
- ScarletApps for Education Faculty/Staff Presentation (video from November 22, 2013)
- GoogleApps for Education Faculty/Staff Demo (video from January 27, 2012)
- Google Apps in Higher Education: Students - 32 Ways to Make Your Life Easier With Apps!
- Google provides "good to know" information regarding how to stay safe online, your data on the web, your data on Google, and how to manage your data.
- Google+ in Higher Education