Mobile Device Management for Office 365 has been enabled for all Rutgers Connect Accounts. Mobile Device Management (MDM) is a way to secure mobile devices so that they are compliant with University policies. While enrolling your device in MDM through the Company Portal App, you will be prompted by a notice that states administrators will be allowed to make a number of changes to your device but the University will not utilize those features as they are beyond policy.
The MDM policies that are currently in effect for all Rutgers staff and faculty are:
- A password on the device is required.
- Jail broken or rooted devices (devices that have had basic security measures stripped away from the operating system) will not work.
- Managing email profile will be required.
- Remotely wipe a mobile device if the device is lost or stolen (This will not happen without the explicit consent of the device’s owner).
For more information regarding Rutgers Connect Mobile Device Management, please review the Rutgers Connect MDM Standard.
Instructions on how to enable iOS and Android devices for Mobile Device Management can be found in the links below.
- Enabling Mobile Device Management on Android Devices
- Enabling Mobile Device Management on iOS Devices
There are known mail applications that bypass the restrictions of MDM. These applications should not be used as they violate the Rutgers Connect MDM Standard. Below is a list of the currently known applications that are noncompliant:
If you are leaving the university or no longer wish to have your device enabled to access Rutgers Connect on your mobile device, please remove the Intune Company Portal app from your device.
If you are associated with RBHS, please find your policy here.