Personal Address Books can be imported into Rutgers Connect. This will only need to be done if your address book was not automatically migrated over with your account or if the address book is on a different account that was not included in the migration process.
Export Thunderbird Address Book
The first thing that will need to be done is the Address Book in Thunderbird will need to be exported and saved to your desktop:
- Open Thunderbird
- Select the desired address book
- Select Tools, Export
- Select location, type filename, and save as type "Comma Separated (*.csv)"
- Open file with Excel
- Rename column header "Primary Email" to "Email"
- Clean up any oddities
- NOTE: If you have phone numbers in your address book, change "Work Phone" to "Business Phone" and "Mobile Number" to "Mobile Phone". You can open a contacts entry in OWA to see what a column should be renamed to if you have additional data. If you don't want unnecessary info showing up in notes, delete the "Display Name" column as well as other unused columns.
- Save file
Import The Thunderbird Address book into Office 365
Log into https://connect.rutgers.edu and click on the App Launcher
Select Manage and Import Contacts
You have the option to import contacts from the following programs:
- Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Yahoo Mail
- Windows Live Mail
Select Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016 and upload the file you exported in the above steps