1. Open the Settings app and check if there are any mail account configurations connecting to Office 365.
2. If an Exchange mail account connecting to outlook.office365.com is found, delete it. Failure to delete this may cause the compliance check to fail, or to get stuck on the "Checking compliance" step. New mail account settings will be downloaded automatically after the device is secured.
3. Open the App Store. Find and install the Intune Company Portal app and enroll the device. An Apple ID account will be required to download and install the app.
4. Follow the prompts to complete device enrollment, iOS Management Profile installation, compliance and activation. You may be required to change the device’s passcode.
5. After a compliant passcode has been entered, the device will be secured and access to e-mail, calendar and University data will be granted. The Office 365 Exchange mail settings will be automatically configured.
6. If the mobile device has been previously configured to access Rutgers email through exchange you must remove the old exchange settings as illustrated.
7. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
8. The Apple iOS mobile device configuration is now complete.
- If the compliance check screen remains for more than 5 minutes, force-close the Company Portal app.
- Proceed to step 1 and 2 to check and remove any existing Office 365 account configurations.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, reopen the Company Portal app and follow the prompts to continue enrollment.
- When opening the Company Portal app, you can force the device to check compliance by tapping on the “Sync” button
- If enrollment stops and remains at this screen, tap the refresh icon to continue.