IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RBHS USERS: Before attempting to enable a device you must check to see if there is data stored in the removable media card in the phone. Files stored in removable the media card must be copied to another storage location before attempting to enable a device. Files in the media card may become lost if not saved at this time. It is recommended those files are copied from the removable media card to a computer as there may not be enough internal storage on the phone.
- Connect the Android device to a computer with a USB cable.
- Open the media card and copy the files to the computer.
When finished, remove the media card from the mobile device.
1. To set up a Rutgers Connect, open the Settings app, then tap on Accounts. Check if there are any mail accounts configured to connect to Office 365.
2. If an Exchange mail account connecting to outlook.office365.com is found, remove it. Failure to remove this may cause the compliance check to fail. New mail account settings will be downloaded automatically after the device is secured.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RBHS USERS: The following steps will walk you through securing the mobile device. Samsung/Android devices ship with a removable media card. Any files stored in the removable media card will be lost after enrolling and securing the Android device. Make sure to follow the steps at the beginning of this document before proceeding to save those files. The removable media card will no longer be accessible after the device has been secured with the Mobile Device Management (MDM) system.
3. To begin securing the device, open the Google Play store. Find and install the Intune Company Portal app and enroll the device. A Google account will be required to download and install the app.
4. Login to the Company Portal app with the client’s “Rutgers Connect” (Office 365) account and follow the prompts to complete device enrollment, compliance check, and activation. You may be required to change the device’s passcode.
5. After activation, the device will be secured and access to e-mail, calendar and University data will be granted. The Office 365 Exchange mail settings will be automatically configured.
6. If the mobile device has been previously configured to access the legacy RBHS Exchange mail, proceed to remove the legacy RBHS Exchange mail account as illustrated.
7. Press the Back button on the device two times to return to the mailbox.
8. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
9. The Android mobile device configuration is now complete.
- If the compliance check screen remains for more than 5 minutes, force-close the Company Portal app.
- Proceed to step 1 and 2 to check and remove any existing Office 365 account configurations.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, reopen the Company Portal app and follow the prompts to continue enrollment.
- When opening the Company Portal app, you can force the device to check compliance by tapping on the “Sync” button
- If enrollment stops and remains at this screen, tap the refresh icon to continue.