Installing the Cisco VPN Client for Mac OS X
- Download the Cisco VPN Client For Mac by clicking here. Save this file to a place where
it can easily be found, such as the Desktop. Documentation on how to download software from the software portal can be found at:
- Open the Cisco VPN icon to start the installation.
- Click on the disk Cisco VPN Client.mpkg program to begin to install the program.
- A prompt will come up asking if the program should be installed. Click Continue.
- Next, the introduction window will appear. Click Continue.
- The Software License Agreement will be displayed. Click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept the software license.
- The Select a Destination window will
appear. Select the computers Hard Drive and Click Continue.
- The program will now install. Once the install is completed Click Close.
Using the Cisco VPN Client
- Locate the folder in which the VPN application was installed, such as Applications.
- Select New
- Make sure the authentication tab for the Connection Entry is displayed; enter a description such as RutgersVPN. Note that spaces cannot be used in the descriptions.
- Enter the Host: as vpn.rutgers.edu
- Make sure Group Authentication is selected is checked
- For the Name Type enter rutgers-ipsec
- Enter rutgers as the password
- Select Save
- Highlight the entry Rutgers VPN. Click Connect on the
- A window will appear with a prompt for user authentication.
For Username, enter your RCI or Eden NetID.
Then enter the case-sensitive password associated with the NetID.
- Once connected, a time indicator will appear in the bottom right hand corner. The VPN setup is now complete.
To disconnect from the VPN, click the Disconnect button on the toolbar.
Where Can I Get Help?
Contact the OIT Help Desk on your campus:
New Brunswick/Piscatway       732-445-HELP (4357)