Creating an OIT Account and NetID
Other types of accounts are available for specific purposes:
- Are you a Rutgers student, faculty or staff member? If not, you may be eligible for a Guest
- Did you graduate from Rutgers within the last year,
or retire from Rutgers after 10 years of service? If so
you are entitled to keep your account active.
- Student accounts are changed to Alumni accounts after
the Registrarís Office lists the student as an Alumni and these accounts
will remain active for at least one year. The accounts are closed during
the first account audit following one full year after the studentís graduation.
The timing of the audit varies by campus.
- Retirees will be asked via email to confirm that
they wish to keep their accounts active. The first time,
they will be asked to submit an abbreviated version of the
guest account form to University HR. [Unfortunately the data
available to us doesn't distinguish between retirees and
other former employees, so UHR needs to confirm that you are
eligible.] In future years you will be asked to confirm that
you still wish to keep your account open, but a simple email
response is all that is needed.
- Are you creating an account for your own use?
We also have accounts for
Departments and Student Organizations
For questions or comments about this site, contact email@example.com.
© 2007 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 6/21/2007