OIT will provide Emergency NetIDs to employees with Social Security Numbers who need access to electronic services to perform their assigned duties and whose on-boarding process has been delayed. A departmental Human Resources representative or a hiring authority may use the link at the bottom of this page to request Emergency NetID for such cases.
Please note the following before submitting a request:
- Please do everything possible to complete the HR on-boarding process in RIAS before requesting emergency assistance.
- It is expected that you will work with the department and/or HR to resolve any outstanding issues within 30 days.
- Emergency NetID process cannot accommodate new employees that do not yet have a Social Security Number (SSN).
- Please verify the exact spelling of the new employee's first name, last name, and personal email address, as well as SSN and date of birth. Errors and inaccurate information may lead to data conflicts and consistency problems when on-boarding is completed in RIAS.
Regarding on-boarding in RIAS:
- It is recommended that new employees be on-boarded as soon as possible and well in advance of their start date. On-boarding can be performed several months in advance of the start date.
- HR can only approve a request to hire after all the necessary data has been submitted. This includes, but is not limited to, first name, last name, date of birth, SSN, and an offer letter signed both by the unit and by the new employee.
- The I9 may be completed several months in advance of an employee's start date and MUST be completed within 3 days of the employee's first day of work. HR will approve a hire request before the I9 is completed.
Please click this link to request Emergency NetID: https://www.acs.rutgers.edu/peopleguest/